By Deb A.
This week's post was written in honour of the birth of the newest member of the Agave Magazine team. Congratulations Ariana and Grant!
1 This song was mentioned more than any other in literature as of 2012, appearing in 55 books including Paradise by Tony Morrisson.
2. This tale by Thomas Hardy is one of a young man whose ambitions extend well beyond his means.
3. He wrote one of the shortest books of the New Testament: a single chapter with 25 verses.
4. This surrealist poet is sometimes associated with the Beat Generation; his last volume of poetry, Daisy in the Memory of a Shark, was published posthumously.
5. This American landscape artist was largely self-taught. He is best-known for his marine subjects; his 'Breezing Up' was featured on a U.S. stamp in 1962.
6. This Scottish author and poet was a leading figure in fantasy literature as well as Lewis Carroll's mentor.
7. The work of these two sisters became defining features of the Glasgow Style during the 1890s.
8. This birthday is shared by poet John Gay, author Georges Duhamel, and the subject of this quiz!
Looking for hints?
Answers after the jump...
1. Hey Jude
Literary, art and photography publications, and publisher of fine books. Quarterly magazines are available online and in print, and feature contributors from around the globe. For current book titles, visit our homepage.
Copyright © Agave Magazine + Press, 2019