By Deb A.
You can lift these quotes for your hastily written card, but first you need to guess who wrote them.
"Love is a battle, love is a war; love is a growing up."
"love is the voice under all silences,
the hope which has no opposite in fear;
the strength so strong mere force is feebleness:
the truth more first than sun, more last than star"
"Love is the greatest refreshment in life."
"Love is anterior to life,
Posterior to death,
Initial of creation, and
The exponent of breath."
5. "Love is the irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired."
"Love is being stupid together."
"Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs."
"Love consists in this, that two solitudes protect and touch and greet each other."
"Love is not just looking at each other, it's looking in the same direction."
"Love is a serious mental disease."
Answers after the jump.
1. James Baldwin (The Price of the Ticket: Collected Non-Fiction, 1948-1985)
2. E. E. Cummings (Poem (being to timelessness as it’s to time))
3. Pablo Picasso
4. Emilly Dickinson (The Complete Poems)
5. Robert Frost
6. Paul Valéry
7. William Shakespeare (Romeo and Juliet)
8. Rainer Maria Rilke (Letters To A Young Poet)
9. Antoine de Saint Exupéry (Wind, Sand and Stars)
10. Plato (Phaedrus)
Literary, art and photography publications, and publisher of fine books. For current book titles, or for more information on our services, visit us online:
Copyright © Agave Magazine + Press, 2019