Ink runs from the corners of my mouth.
There is no happiness like mine.
I have been eating poetry.
- from Mark Strand's "Eating Poetry"
Agave Magazine is adding itself to that list this year by holding a poetry contest. Here's what you need to know.
Winning entries will be published in the Spring 2015 issue of Agave Magazine; winners will also receive a print copy.
Terms and conditions
- Entries will be accepted in three categories: Haiku, Sonnet (Petrarchan or Shakespearean), and Free Verse.
- Participants may submit a maximum of one poem per category.
- Poems must be original and previously unpublished.
- Poems must be submitted as e-mail attachments in .doc, .docx. or .pages format in a clear font (e.g. Times New Roman, Helvetica). Poems submitted in the body of an e-mail will automatically be disqualified.
- By entering Agave Magazine's Poetry Contest, submitters acknowledge that they have read and consented to our Publication Agreement, should their work be accepted for publication.
- All entries should be sent to Ariana Lyriotakis, Editor-in-Chief: email@example.com.
April 30th, 2015 (also known as National Poem in Your Pocket Day in the United States)